First, an update on my friend – she is doing as well as we could hope, healing and recovering in the ICU at Stanford. Many ups and downs but she’s made it clear she doesn’t want to go so all we can do is send her our love and strength.
My knitting progress on Sherbet was pretty good until last night, but then I decided I didn’t like the increases on the sleeves (they were holey) and as a result the side didn’t look right when I stitched it up, so… rrrrriiiippp!!! My husband can’t understand how I can like a hobby where you undo your work so frequently. But I learned good stuff and didn’t waste any material. How cool is that? Tonight I’ll make a *good* sleeve while watching TV, and I’ll stitch that baby on and it will be good. Have to be somewhat expeditious about this since Kaily’s bday is on Saturday.
Here’s my SP4 list for my SP4 pal (and anyone else who might be curious):
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- and/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
- Do you spin? Crochet?
<font color=blue>While I have admired the wheely things at the yarn shop I have so far resisted their call. And the crochet needles in my possession are only for fixing dropped stitches. So far. </font>
- Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
- How long have you been knitting?
<font color=blue>Since Thanksgiving weekend. It’s all Michelle’s fault.</font>
- Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
<font color=blue>I do, but it’s not very up-to-date. </font>
- What’s your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
<font color=blue>My favorite smell *ever* is the Coconut Lime Verbeena stuff from bath and body works. I generally like vanilla and tropical scents, I’m not so much for the more ‘grown-up’ smells (like lavender).</font>
- Do you have a sweet tooth?
- What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
<font color=blue>I used to be super-non-crafty but recently I’ve started doing more general stuff. I’m going to spend some time gardening this year, I think. I like sewing, although I’m not very good yet.</font>
- What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
<font color=blue>My PowerBook can play MP3s… my ipod can play them too </font>
- What’s your favorite color? Or–do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
<font color=blue>I like bright jewel tones – alone or all smushed together.</font>
- What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
<font color=blue>Husband, 1. Children, 2 (Boy, 5; Girl, 7). Cats, 2. Dogs, 2. Fish, lots.</font>
- What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
<font color=blue>To achieve zen mastery. Be a good mom. Have fun.</font>
- What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
<font color=blue>Haven’t been knitting long enough to really find a preference. My current project is with cotton tape and I think I might use that for a summer tank – I really like the way it looks. I’d like to make something with Noro…</font>
- What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
<font color=blue>Acrylic. Ew.</font>
- What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
<font color=blue>Socks! I have to make some for Sockapalooza!</font>
- What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
<font color=blue>I’ve enjoyed all of the projects I’ve made, but I am really enjoying the sweater I’m working on now… putting the pieces together into a whole “thing” is really satisfying.</font>
- What are you knitting right now?
<font color=blue>Sherbet, due at a birthday party on Saturday.</font>
- What do you think about ponchos?
<font color=blue>Haven’t decided yet. I have some baby alpaca which may become a scarf someday.</font>
- Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
<font color=blue>Depends on what I’m working on…</font>
- Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
<font color=blue>I like wooden needles (harder wood) and the Inox metal needles, and my Denise needles are great too. I’m not fond of the acrylic needles, even though they are fun to look at.</font>
- Are you a sock knitter?
<font color=blue>Not right at this moment. But the deadline for Sockapalooza is March 1 so I’d better get cracking! (right after Sherbet)</font>
- How did you learn to knit?
<font color=blue>From Michelle.</font>
- How old is your oldest UFO?
<font color=blue>Ha! I don’t keep UFO’s around. I rip them unceremoniously down to their elemental parts. I think I just haven’t been knitting long enough to accumulate UFOs…</font>
- What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? ??
<font color=blue>Uh, I like cats. I like The Tick. Aladdin is cool. Oh! I liked Elastigirl a lot from The Incredibles! Can you tell from my blog name?</font>
- What is your favorite holiday?
- Is there anything that you collect?
<font color=blue>Books… cookbooks, knitting books, science fiction books, romance books, parenting books, fitness books… well, pretty much all kinds of books.</font>